Join Our Co-Working Space
- 10 December, 2013
- MELD Workshop
- membership, workshop, coworking
A coworking space is a shared working environment and independent activity. At the MELD coworking space you will have access to a laser cutter, 3D printers, power tools and tons of project space.
What Is A Coworking Space?
A coworking space is a shared working environment and independent activity. Unlike in a typical office environment, those coworking are usually not employed by the same organization.
Let's say that you're a freelance web developer, writer, or designer. You've been working from home, but it's difficult to put on your work hat when you're sitting in a chair at home with all of your super distracting stuff. A coworking space helps to create that work/life separation, but you can still come and go as you please, working on your schedule. It also means that you are sharing office resources like a printer, coffee machine, refrigerator, etc.
What Makes The MELD Coworking Space Unique?
You know how offices have shared resources like printers? At MELD you will have access to other stuff like a laser cutter, 3D printers, power tools and TONS of working space to build out physical ideas and products. Some of the key benefits:
- MELD Workshop membership included. That means all of the benefits that MELD Workshop get.
- Access to tools like 3D printers and the laser cutter. You'll even get trained in on the equipment so that you know how to use it safely. (Some tools like the mill and lathe will be limited to certain hours of the day. Safety and insurance and stuff.)
- Desk included, no extra charge! Just a simple IKEA desk, you can choose to use your own if you like, but know that it's an included benefit.
- Endless coffee. Yeah, it's just a coffee pot, but now it's partly YOUR coffee pot, and coffee is always provided, no extra charge!
- Microwave/refrigerator/lounge. Perfect for bringing leftovers from home so that you can focus on your work and your clients.
- Need space to build a canoe? MELD can definitely accomodate that, and more.
So What Does It Look Like
Here's what it looks like now.
It's currently empty, which means the first people to have a crack at it will dictate how it's laid out. It definitely has a cool warehouse feel to it. The cool thing about the layout is that it will be reconfigurable! That means as people filter in and filter out over the months, you can configure things the way you like. That will be done using short wall segments which will be able to be joined together. Below is a very rough prototype of one of those walls.
- Base rate is $59/month. That covers stuff like utilities, MELD Membership, etc.
- Each 4' x 4' square of space is $25/month
- For example, 6 squares of space, 96 sq.ft., tons of room for a workspace, would be $209/month
Keep in mind that the 4' x 4' squares are more of a guideline than a rule. If you want to have a specific space, please get in touch and we'll see what we can work out. It's going to be on a first come first serve basis though, so if you're interested, let us know! Have a question? Shoot us an email or post a comment below.
This Is Great! How Do I Reserve A Space?
Please send an email to email@example.com to schedule a time to meet up and discuss coworking space options.