Fargo 3D Printing
- 16 February, 2014
- MELD Workshop
- abs, 3d design, 3d printer, membership, workshop, pla plastic
A large portion of the 3D printing segment of MELD Workshop will be changing over to Fargo 3D Printing.
As some of you know, 3D printing is one of the big reasons I got into the makerspace side of things in the first place. I've partnered with Jake Clark to form Fargo 3D Printing. We'll sell, service and provide training on 3D printers, primarily MakerBot printers initially. MELD Workshop will still exist, there will still be 3D printers at MELD, and members will still have access to the printers at MELD.
So, what does this change mean?
- Custom 3D printing jobs will be taken care of through Fargo 3D Printing.
- Fargo 3D Printing will be basing operations out of MELD Workshop, so you'll still see me around most days.
- 3D printing classes will continue to be through MELD Workshop, though this may change to going through Fargo 3D Printing in the future.
- Fargo 3D Printing's MakerBot Replicator 2 will call MELD Workshop home! The printer may occasionally be unavailable for use when needed for a demonstration, event, or custom printing job.
- MELD will still be handling all custom laser cutting and engraving work.
I won't be able to devote as much of my free time toward MELD as I have been. This has been a tough decision since I believe in MELD, what it stands for, and the impact that it can have on people's lives. MELD will be transitioning to being more of a member/community-run space. I'll be sending out emails soon to select members asking if they'll be able to watch over the shop some evenings and/or weekends in exchange for a substantially reduced membership rate.
If you're interested in helping out, please send me an email at email@example.com.
This is an exciting time and I can't wait to see what the future will bring!